IDEAS’ current work programme can be summarised as follows:
- Maintenance of a platform for debates on development and evaluation through a Biennial Conference and dedicated workshops, aiming at sustainable networking and alliance building;
- Proactive participation in the process of development, harmonisation and implementation of good practice and international standards in development evaluation, in liaison with other interested organisations;
- Development, maintenance and sharing of knowledge base, including peer reviews, with a particular focus on methods, good practice, standards and lessons learned;
- Promoting the publication and dissemination of papers on the various aspects of development evaluation practice (including issues such as good practice).
- Maintaining a dialogue with the members and other partners and reflecting issues of interest via regular announcements, reviews and suggestions, communicated via the IDEAS website, periodic newsletters and regular email communication.